Stir with a fork or whisk:
1/3 cup oil
Mix together and add to above:
1/2 to 3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
Fill muffin pan and bake 350 degrees 20 -25 mins. Recipe can be doubled and baked in 2 loaf pans or bundt pan.
Rhubarb Custard Pie
Beat 2 eggs.
Add into eggs:
1½ cup sugar
3 TBSP flour
½ tsp nutmeg
Mix in 3 cups sliced rhubarb and pour into an 8” unbaked pie crust. Dot the top with 2 tsp
butter. Top with crust, then brush with a bit of cream and sprinkle with sugar.
Bake at 400 degrees for 50-60 minutes, covering the top with foil at the end if necessary to
prevent edges from burning.
Savory Whipped Goat Cheese Dip With Roasted Strawberries
Black pepper to taste
Serve with crusty bread (like sourdough or baguette) and fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash strawberries and remove stems.Slice each berry in half or quarters and put into a medium size bowl.
- Whisk balsamic vinegar and honey together and drizzle over berries.Toss until combined. Spread in an even layer on baking sheet then transfer to oven and roast for about 30 minutes. They will start to soften and release their juices when done.
- Meanwhile, make the dip by adding the cheese greek yogurt, olive oil, and pepper to the food processor.Blend ingredients together for a few minutes until smooth, scraping down with a spatula as needed. Transfer to the fridge and chill for 30-60 minutes.
- When berries are done roasting, remove them from the oven and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes. Transfer them to a container (with all their yummy juices!) and chill in the fridge. (keep separate from the dip)
- When you are ready to serve, transfer the dip to a bowl and top with roasted strawberries. Serve with your choice of crackers, pita or crusty bread. May be garnished with freshly chopped basil, an extra drizzle of honey and a sprinkle of black pepper.
(A simple to make, healthy, fat-free dessert)
1/4 cup frozen lemonade concentrate
1 cup sugar
3 cups fresh strawberries, washed and hulled
Put all ingredients into a blender and mix until smooth. Freeze in a covered bowl.
To serve, scrape with a spoon into dessert dishes.
Or freeze in ice cube trays. To serve, put cubes into blender and mix again. Pour into dessert dishes.