The Cape Farm Alliance Lobster Stew Dinner has been postponed until Sunday, March 5th. Hosted by Purpoodock Country Club, and seatings start at 4:30; last seating at 7 p.m. This is our annual community supper in celebration of our local fishermen. The lobster stew will be chunky and delicious, along with amazing homemade biscuits and pies! (Cash bar.) Purchase tickets at Alewive’s Brook Farm or online: http://cfalobsterstewdinner.brownpapertickets.com.
The Cape Farm Alliance began life as the “Cape Elizabeth Farm Committee” in 2007, an ad hoc committee of the Town of Cape Elizabeth. We were originally charged with the following outcomes:
- Educate community about their role in preserving agricultural assets
- Engage young people in agricultural activities
- Design a campaign to promote local products/produce
- Inventory Cape Elizabeth’s agricultural assets
- Refine agricultural definitions and related ordinance language
- Draft a report of findings and required actions for Town Council
In short, our mission is “Ensuring Cape Elizabeth’s Farming Future.” The longer version of our mission is: To bring community members together to seek ways to ensure the viability and sustainability of Cape Elizabeth’s agricultural assets, so that all citizens can enjoy the open space, fresh local products, and rural scenery they provide. Get involved in the Cape Farm Alliance today!